One of the most valuable benefits of aquaculture and aquaponics is their tremendous ability to enrich communities beyond sustainable food production. These leading-edge technologies can be reproduced virtually anywhere, which opens up numerous opportunities previously unavailable with conventional farming or wild-caught fishing.
First and foremost, aquaculture and aquaponics are the ideal for locally grown, locally sourced, locally sold food. Instead of economies losing money from buying imported from elsewhere, that spending goes directly into local communities, supporting local farmers, their employees, and businesses within the communities, strengthening both the financial stability and food supply in each and every area where an AquaHarvest-associated farm is located.
As well, because it is connected to and supported by local communities, AquaHarvest also provides:
- New educational opportunities and areas of study for students
- Farm to School programs and site tours; learn about healthy food and how it's produced
- Sustainable business ownership and operation in a growing industry
- Local jobs created for workers to help tend aquaculture and aquaponic farms
- Rapid production and harvest helps stimulate local economies
It’s smart, it’s simple, and it just makes sense. We’d love to share it with you. Simply contact AquaHarvest to arrange a demonstration at your school, community, or business today.